29.11.11

STAR HEXAGON DOILY

TAPETE DE ESTRELLAS HEXAGONAL

This is a lacy and starry doily in the shape of a hexagon.I made it with white cotton thread, using a 2.5 mm crochet needle.
Este es un tapete calado en forma hexagonal con el fondo de estrellas. Está hecho con hilo fino de algodón, color blanco, usando una aguja 2.5 mm.



The original pattern was designed for a lacy shawl. I loved the starry design, so I decided to turn it into a doily. It is made with 19 stars (using the 6 point-star motif), and joined them as I went along.
El patrón original estaba diseñado para un chal calado. Me gustó mucho la forma de la estrella, y decidí usarla para hacer un tapete. Está hecho de 19 estrellas (usando la aplicación de estrella con 6 picos), las cuales fui uniendo en el camino.



Finally, I added a wide border all around of 3 rows of double crochet and a final 2 rows of simple crochet (sc), because I felt it needed a little structure.
Luego le añadí un borde ancho alrededor con medios puntos, porque sentí que necesitaba un poco de estructura.

This is the graphic pattern for the motif:
Este es el patrón gráfico de la aplicación:



Note: If you notice, I changed a bit the center of the star. Instead of just 1 treble, I did 2 tr together, to make it look like a little flower in the center.
Nota: Si se dan cuenta, cambié un poco el centro de la estrella. En lugar de hacer una vareta doble, hice dos juntas, para que diera la apariencia de tener una pequeña flor en el centro.

2 comments:

  1. wow, this is gorgeous! so delicate and so pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful, but I am fairly new at crochet and I am confused. Where is the pattern?? Are you supposed to go off the diagram?? I am sorry if this is a stupid question,,,,,

    ReplyDelete

Your opinion counts ... Tu opinión cuenta

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...